Favorite romantic movies / books / songs
By Jeff Salter
Not quite sure what to write about during this week of Valentine’s Day, I looked up my blog from this time last year:
That was me recalling (among other things) my most notable childhood crush.
Our actual topic is “Favorite romantic movies / books / songs.”
Well, I covered my favorite romantic movies in one of my very first blogs here at Four Foxes One Hound: they are “Love Story”, “Romeo & Juliet”, and “Dr. Zhivago”. For a bit about my reasons, please read that column:
Right now, my favorite romantic novels are – quite immodestly – my own manuscripts [HA!]… and our analysis will have to wait until after they’re published.
That leaves my favorite romantic songs, which is also the portion of our topic which Founding Fox Jillian and Cajun Fox Danica have covered earlier this week.
Favorite romantic songs
Besides the theme songs from the three movies I mentioned above, here are several which (in no particular order) tug at my heart-strings:
* Bridge over Troubled Water (Simon & Garfunkel)
* Leaving on a Jet Plane (Peter, Paul, & Mary)
* Love is Blue (Paul Murat)
* This Guy’s In Love With You (Herb Alpert)
* several songs by the Beatles
* 3 or 4 songs by Neil Diamond
* 2 or 3 songs from their Greatest Hits album (Bee Gees)
* 2 or 3 songs by Abba
* 2 or 3 songs by the Righteous Brothers
* 2 or 3 songs by Billy Joel
* 1 or 2 songs by Shania Twain
I’m sorry I can’t recall some of the specific titles by the groups (or individuals) above, but just knowing their names will tell you what kind of music sends me.
There are more artists I can’t even think of at the moment, but when I hear their songs, my heart listens intently.
Who are your favorite artists for romantic songs?
Which song(s) would top your list?