This week on the blog we’ll be talking about details which might surprise even those who know us pretty well. The thing is, I’m pretty sure I’ve mentioned a few of those at some point here on this blog. But in case it’s only in my mind that I’ve shared them, here’s a few tidbits about the Mickster, your Monday fox.
1. I’ve never really been called Mickster. I’ve been called Miss B, Mrs. G, Gibby, Mickey Mouse, and to get my attention, “Oh Mickey, you’re so fine. You’re so fine you blow my mind. Hey Mickey!” Toni Basil, I really hated you and your one-hit wonder song in 1982, but now, I guess you’re okay. It’s one of my ring tones on my phone.
2. I worked at Disney World the summer after my freshman year of college. I would love to tell you all in Four Foxes One Hound world that I was Cinderella or TinkerBell or drove the monorail or some other cool job, but I was merely a merchandising hostess. Fancy name for a sales clerk. I sold camera film and candy all day and pointed out where the bathroom or Space Mountain was.
3. I was a Domino’s pizza delivery girl the following summer. I made more money than I did at Disney, but let’s face it. Disney was still more fun and both uniforms sucked.
4. The only pageant I ever won was Miss Orange Park Mall. I never heard about another pageant for me to give up my crown, so I’m pretty sure I’m still Miss Orange Park Mall. Now where the heck is my tiara?
5. I was once a shy, nonconfrontational sweet thing. I had a total of 3 dates in high school, two of which were arranged by my dad. Yes, my dad got one of his friend’s sons to take me to my senior prom. We had a pre-prom date just to make sure prom wouldn’t be a total disaster. It wasn’t. I had fun, but I haven’t seen him since prom night. Not sure what that says about me.
6. My Chinese zodiac sign is the monkey, same as my husband and youngest son. He loves to practice his monkey skills. My son, not my husband. Just in case you were wondering.
So, dear readers, what is something about you few others know about? But please, don’t tell me anything too secret. I wouldn’t want to obligate you to tell me then have to kill me. 😉