“The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.”
– St. Augustine
Free week this week, and after everyone’s effort last week, I wanted to make more of an effort this week. Did you read last week’s post? I had a good laugh every day!!!
Anyway …. I’m re-blogging my post from my personal blog because I really am still so over-excited about my travel to the US, I’d love to share my photos here as well.
We had an absolute wonderful time, doing the “Disney thing” in LA, then driving to LV, Hoover Dam, Grand Canyon, north into Utah (crossing the Colorado River!), Salt Lake City, Boise, then back to the west to Oregon, the beautiful town of Sister(s), Crater Lake, where my girls experienced snow for the first time, seeing the F15 Jets in Klamath Falls (those who know me know I love airplanes – check my post here), across the mountains (more snow storms) to the coast and then south to San Francisco, Yosemite and back to LA.
It was mind-boggling; I had no idea how beautiful the US actually was.
We’ve got lots of memories and as we prepare our photo album we easily get side-tracked by “Can you remember when we went to ….” and the laughing and reminiscing begins.
A few of my memorable moments were:
* needing at least half an hour to figure out what “Ped Xing” stood for. Once we did figure it out, we felt “blond” and laughed all the way from César’s Palace to the RV Park
* The amount of helicopters flying over Las Vegas. Un-be-lievable (another flying “thing” – see!)
* Us singing Cliff Richard’s “We are going on a holiday” every day, and I honestly don’t know what was worse, us singing the song, or my girl actually knowing the song word by word – LOL
* Meeting my editor was a treat! She’s one of the nicest person I’ve met, and I got to talk with the owner of Jeff and my publishing house as well – Stephanie Taylor. I hardly understood a word, because of the bad connection, but it was still a treat as well.
* And meeting my friend again after 20 years …. She’s just a hoot. The girls love her and can’t wait to visit her in Florida one day!
There’s soooo much more, but it would really blow this post! But I did bring along some photos. These are only a few out of over 800+ photos – but I hope you’ll enjoy them.