Hard to believe, it’s the last week of 2013!
Another year older. Another year wiser?
Theme for this week, as we’ve already reflected on the “old” year, is: What do you hope for 2014?
It’s a bit humbling to publicly make a list of what I’m hoping for in 2014. But let’s try this list anyway:
- Yes, I’m hoping for my mum to be able to visit late summer
- I’m hoping that daughter #1 will have a smooth start into high school and an exciting first year there!
- I’m hoping that daughter #2 will be able to “step out” of the “sister role” at school and excel on her own merits.
- I’m hoping for work to ease off a little and for me to find more time to write.
- I’m hoping to find a publisher for my “Sports Trilogy” 😉
- I’m hoping for readers to show interest in my beautiful “Beginnings” series, especially with the second book coming out in late January.
- I’m hoping for another wonderful year as a parent and wife.
- I’m hoping for interesting travels within Australia.
- I’m hoping for 2014 be a healthy one for everyone, successful, happy and content.
- With my sincere thanks to the other Foxes and our Hound, I’m hoping for another great year as part of this blog. I’ve gained wonderful friends in Tonette, Micki, Janette and Jeff (and Jillian!) and I’m blessed to have them in my life – even if “far far away”.
- Last, but not least, I’m hoping for Mother Nature to give me a bit of a break when it comes to my health. I think I’ve got enough on my plate to cope with!
I wish you all a wonderful happy New Year, and humbly thank you all for visiting this blog as often as you do! I am truly grateful for that!
I hope all your wishes are granted, Iris. I certainly understand #2 and #3 – my girls were three years apart and my younger one had to do a lot of growing up when Big Sis was no longer around to help her solve problems. And I understand the desire for more time to write. You’ve done really well so far, despite all your other obligations, so I’m sure you’ll figure it out! Happy New Year!
Thank you Patty!
Yes, it’ll be an interesting year when it comes to “school”. They’re both very strong characters, so I think they’ll do well, but still … something that belonged on my “wish list” 😉
HAPPY NEW YEAR, Patty!
What a great list of goals for the new year! I wish you well and many blessings as the calendar page turns!
Happy New Year, Kate, and thanks for your support! 🙂
Happy New Year to you, too, Iris!
Pingback: Happy 2014 !!! | and life smiles
Thank you,Iris.And please take my sincere hopes for a happy and healthy 2014 for you!
Ditto for you, Tonette. Have a wonderful 2014!
I agree with all your hopes and dreams about our writing careers.
And I certainly hope your sports trilogy will find a publishing home.
Hope your travels bring you to America once again and possibly as far east as Possum Trot!
Thank you Jeff. Yes, it’d be great to a. find a publisher, and b. to get to Possum Trot!
Pingback: WOW! Happy New Year Everyone, yes, yes, let the games begin. | fernOnline blog speaks
My Dear Iris,
May your health improve, and your wishes and hopes for 2014 all come true, along with many wonderful surprises beyond your wildest dreams! I look forward to seeing you here in 2014. 🙂
thank you Janette! Wishing you all the best for 2014 as well 🙂